Most everyone loves bacon.
You can easily make a spreadable bacon that you can slather on your burgers and other sandwiches, your breakfast toast, or even crackers for a salty-sweet snack.
If you have a skillet, slow cooker and food processor, you only need the right ingredients and a little time to make this delicious Bacon Jam. We’re sure you’ll enjoy it all the ways we suggested above—and in your own creative uses for all your favorite foods. Let us know what you think!
What You Need:
1 ½ pounds bacon sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
3 smashed garlic cloves
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
¾ cup brewed coffee
What You Do:
1. Cook the bacon until it’s slightly browned in a skillet. (I prefer cast iron for this.) Drain the bacon.
2. Keep about a tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet, add the onions and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, syrup and coffee and bring to a boil. Scrape fat from the pan to include, then add the bacon to the mixture and stir to combine.
4. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker, and cook uncovered on high until the liquid is syrupy, about 4 hours.
5. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
You can refrigerate the bacon jam in airtight containers for up to 4 weeks. Enjoy!