If you enjoy pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice lattes as much as I do, especially during the Fall season, you will love this recipe.
As my wife Molly said when I recently made a mug for each of us, “This is a Fall dessert.” Indeed, it’s so delightfully warm, moist and full of the flavors of the Fall season, though it only includes small amounts of pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and coffee. So, you don’t need much on hand to make these.
If you have a coffee mug or two and a microwave, you’re all set for cooking the cake. That makes it a great recipe to make if you’re in a college dorm or similar housing that might have limited access to major appliances.
Here’s how it’s done in about five minutes. And it will take you longer to read the recipe than bake the cake!
What You Need
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons brewed espresso or strong coffee
1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup pancake/waffle mix
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
pinch of salt
whipped cream for serving
ground cinnamon for serving
What You Do
1. In a small bowl, beat melted butter, egg, espresso and pumpkin with a whisk.
2. Add the sugar, pancake/waffle mix, pumpkin pie spice and salt, and mix until incorporated. Batter may be lumpy.
3. Divide the batter between two microwavable mugs.
4. Microwave on high for two minutes, one mug at a time. Cool a few minutes before serving.
5. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg or additional pumpkin pie spice.
Yield: 2 servings
yum! can I have one for breakfast?
LikeLiked by 1 person