Pairing Matthew’s love of food with my love of rap music is not always possible, but we found a recipe in a recent issue of Oprah’s O Magazine that allowed us to do just that.
Snoop Dogg shared his recipe for Billionaire’s Bacon. (Check out his book, From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from tha Boss Dogg’s Kitchen.) Trust us when we say this bacon will have you feeling like a king.
It’s super easy, and with its sweet and spicy combination, it will tickle all your tastebuds. Get in the kitchen, and bake it ‘til it’s hot.
What You Need:
8 slices thick-cut bacon
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
2. In a small bowl, mix sugar and peppers evenly.
3. Place bacon slices on rack, and sprinkle sugar-spice mixture over them.
4. Bake 10 minutes, then rotate pan and bake about 10 more minutes to ensure more even cooking.
5. Set slices aside to cool and drain for about 5 minutes, then serve.
This recipe as portioned yields about 4 servings of 2 slices each. Each slice contains about 120 calories.