This recipe is one of my dad’s favorite ways to eat homemade macaroni and cheese. He likes it so much my mom included it in a family cookbook she printed for the Quinn branch of our family in 2013.
It’s a simple dish, full of cheesiness, and it’s baked in the oven, which is a quality of all the best mac & cheeses. Enjoy!
Italian Macaroni & Cheese
What You Need:
8 ounces macaroni (about 2 cups dry noodles) cooked and drained
4 tablespoons butter (half a typical stick)
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons grated onion
salt and pepper to taste
What You Do:
1. Melt butter in pan, and add onion and flour. Cook a few minutes and stir in milk until thickened.
2. Add cheeses and stir until melted.
3. Stir in macaroni, and coat evenly.
4. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly.