Few things say Southern comfort food like homemade biscuits and sausage gravy.
Is there really anything else we need to say here?
No, we tried this recipe and loved it, so we’re going to hush up now and let you get to cooking and eating.
What You Need:
1 pound ground pork sausage
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
What You Do:
1. Make your biscuits by the recipe you choose.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, cook sausage until browned. (You can drain the sausage, but we suggest leaving in the fat for flavor. After all, this is biscuits and sausage gravy!)
3. Add flour, milk and cream. Stir to mix well.
4. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes to thicken. During this time, season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon (size your choice) sausage gravy over biscuits. You can split the biscuits in half or leave them whole, depending on how you like it.
* #FoodieScore Note: While you can use any biscuit you prefer, we highly recommend Matthew’s grandmother Vember’s biscuits to enjoy with this recipe and many others. While we’re an entirely free blog for you to read, this is one of the few special recipes that we consider an exclusive. The way we make biscuits is not quite like most recipes, and we honor grandma’s memory by holding them in high regard and keeping them in an extra-special place. We hope you’ll understand!