I call these Pantry Brownies because they’re made with ingredients I pretty much always have on hand in our pantry and fridge.
And these have become my go-to quick brownie when we want an easy dessert. They’re about as easy as a brownie can get, too.
This is a great recipe for a base brownie that you can make and then add chocolate chips, nuts, icing or another ingredient to customize them.
Try them out and let us know how you make them your way!
What You Need
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
What You Do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9-by-13 baking dish.
3. Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then add in oil and vanilla.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients.
6. Pour into baking dish, and spread batter even with a spatula.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.