We ate a lot of “hamburger casserole” growing up, so I know the taste and texture of this recipe perhaps as much as any dinner dish.
Because spaghetti plays such a large role in the substance of this recipe, and because ground beef is also a major component, I’m calling it Beefy Spaghetti Casserole. Think of it as a sort of homemade Hamburger Helper-style meal.
Like most of our recipes, you can add, delete or substitute so many ingredients in this dish to make it exactly how you want it. And, as always, enjoy the #FoodieScore!
Beefy Spaghetti Casserole
What You Need
1 pound ground beef (or other meat as desired)
1 cup tomato sauce (We like our homemade that’s included in this recipe.), OR 1 can tomato soup or tomato paste
1/2 pound spaghetti noodles
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 cups cheese (your choice)
salt and pepper (and other seasonings) to taste
What You Do
1. Boil spaghetti until tender and drain.
2. Brown ground beef (or other meat) until done and drain.
3. Dice onion and green pepper. (Saute, if you like.)
4. Mix spaghetti, beef, onion, pepper, tomato sauce, seasonings and half a cup of the cheese.
5. Spread into greased baking dish.
6. Top with the rest of your cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until your cheese is browned and bubbly like you like it.