We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. TikTok has a bad reputation because of all of the content creators who post unsavory videos. But when you curate your feed like we do to focus on things like food it can be a pretty sweet app to have in your life.
See what we did there?
TikTok offers such sweet ideas like this Pizza Inn copycat Chocolate Chip Pizza. We can’t take credit for the idea. We got it from user @cookinginthemidwest, who posts a ton of great easy recipes his family loves. He says in his post that the idea came from when he worked at Pizza Inn when he was a high school student. We tried the pizza in our kitchen, it was as easy as he makes it sound, and it was an instant hit in our house.
So try it out for yourself and, since recipes cannot be copyrighted anyways, share it and credit whoever you like! (But we suggested you mention Pizza Inn, Cooking In The Midwest AND #FoodieScore.) Just enjoy the process and the reward!
Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza (Pizza Inn Copycat)
What You Need:
1 package pizza crust mix (We used store brand.)
1/2 cup warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil (Other cooking oils will do just fine.)
1 1/2 cups (about half) box yellow cake mix (Use the other half how you like, including making a second of these pizzas!)
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (We used semi-sweet minis.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix pizza crust packet and warm water until well combined into dough, and form into a ball.
3. Coat dough with olive oil and let rest 5 minutes.
4. Press pizza dough onto baking sheet or pizza pan into desired shape. (We made the conventional pizza circle. You could also make it square if you prefer.)
5. Bake dough about 5 minutes at 400.
6. Melt butter and mix with yellow cake mix until well combined into dough. It will be much thicker than cake batter without adding eggs or another liquid.
7. Use a rubber spatula to gently spread cake dough over top of pizza crust.
8. Mix brown and white sugars, and sprinkle along with chocolate chips over top of cake-covered pizza.
9. Bake 8-10 more minutes at 400 degrees (depending on oven heating and desired done-ness).
10. Let cool 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!